One. HYBRID technology application
1. Waterborne Varnish HYBRID Technology
Waterborne varnish HYBRID technology refers to the technology that can show both high gloss and matt gloss when printed on the same print.
The hardware requirements of this technology are relatively high, and the operating technology and application technology are relatively simple:
(1) The printing material must be high gloss paper;
(2) The printing equipment must be 5+1 or more;
(3) Use an oily matte finish to apply a partial polish to the last color set through the PS plate, and then use the glossy finish to apply a full-plate finish on the gloss set. Note that the oily matte and waterborne highlights are Special varnish, non-plain varnish;
(4) The contrast between bright and matte is controlled by adjusting the amount of oily matte oil to be applied.
2.UV Varnish HYBRID Technology
UV Varnish HYBRID technology is the use of UV Varnish for a single printing that can produce the following two kinds of printing technology: sticking and high light effect; matt and high light effect.
(1) HYBRID technology for UV varnish is similar to HYBRID technology for waterborne varnish. It requires printing on high-gloss paper, and requires 5+1 printing equipment. The operation is similar, but the drying method is UV curing and drying. , hardware requirements are higher;
(2)Adjusting the contrast effect of dendrites and highlights and adjusting the contrast effect of matt to high light is accomplished by adjusting the ink amount of oily UV varnish. Please pay attention to the problem of UV varnish drying and ensure the UV light. Oil drying can properly reduce the printing speed, and the specific speed is determined by the drying condition;
(3) At the same time, please pay attention to the effect of oil-based varnish and high-gloss UV varnish which are used to complete the tiling and high-gloss effect. The matte and high-gloss matte varnish and high-gloss UV varnish It is a special gloss oil for use with.
2. Suede varnish and metallic varnish
For the characteristics of modern printing, environmental protection and anti-counterfeit effectiveness, based on the water-based gloss oil and added a number of special effects of water-based Varnish, which has a high use value is the water-based suede Varnish and Varnish.
The water-based suede varnish is an effect that the aqueous varnish system exhibits suede during the drying process after coating. The strength of the suede effect is related to the amount of varnish on the varnish, if the ceramic anilox roller is used. The light system, through the adjustment of the number of lines of the anilox roller to achieve the purpose of changing the amount of oil, in order to enhance or weaken the suede effect.
Waterborne metallic varnish is a waterborne varnishing system that exhibits metallic color on the surface after varnishing. There are many colors, including silver, bright gold, bronze and gold, etc. The strength of the metallic color is mainly related to With regard to the amount of light, the greater the coating amount, the stronger the metal effect.
III. Application of MFX Technology
MFX technology is a kind of complex metal color that can print a variety of color metal effects, including transitional levels of metal color, using ordinary five-color printing, ordinary printing methods are generally used for the printing of one by one for spot colors of various metal colors. Solved, but not ideal for the level of transition printing effect, the use of MFX technology to print metal spot color effect is ideal.
(1) Printed substrates require high-gloss substrates, such as coated substrates;
(2) The five-color inks are silver, yellow, magenta, cyan, and black. Among them, the silver ink requires high brightness and strong surface binding capability; the four-color ink requires high brightness, saturation, and transparency;
(3) The color sequence is silver, black, blue, red, and yellow, and the printing is performed in a wet and wet manner so that the metal color transition effect and the fluidity effect are good;
(4) Printing speed 5000-7000 sheets/hour.
4. Pearlescent application technology
Pearlescent materials, as high-brightness materials for increasing the added value of products, are currently used in the printing industry. They can improve the vividness of the color of the products, and can also change the color rendering effect. They are new materials for packaging, printing, and color printing.
Pearlescent materials are mainly divided into the following categories:
1. Pearl powder: pearl powder is divided into ordinary powdered pearl material and pearl ball with soft resin dispersion, the main colors are silver, bright gold, metallic, rainbow interference color and chameleon series, etc., which pearl powder according to the direction of use And the use of different particle size of the distinction, the smaller the particle size, the stronger the hiding power of pearl powder; the larger the particle size, the stronger the gloss of the pearl powder; in the printing industry, the particle size has stricter requirements, small particle size can be used For offset printing, larger particle sizes can be used for flexo and gravure and have better results.
2. Pearl sizing: Pearlescent sizing is a kind of high viscosity viscous pearlescent material, more suitable for mixing with offset printing ink, with excellent hiding power and good gloss, suitable for offset printing;
In the use of pearlescent materials, there are the following methods:
1. In offset printing, pearlite powder with smaller particle size is selected and mixed with printing ink in a certain proportion, and then printed; or water-based, UV polishing system is used to add a certain proportion of pearl powder to polishing coating oil. Coating, the effect is better; pearl pulp and offset printing ink mixed by a certain ratio printing can greatly improve the ink brightness and Zhu Guang effect;
2. Intaglio printing and flexographic printing use the pearl powder with the corresponding particle size of the printing plate and the ink to be mixed;
3. Pearlescent effect is related to the bearing capacity and mixing ratio of the ink to pearlescent;
V. Alcohol free (IPA) fountain solution
In order to reduce the amount of alcohol in print production and improve the printing quality, the use of alcohol-free fountain solution has become a trend. In response to this situation, a new alcohol-free fountain solution from VARN has solved this problem.
(1) Addition amount of fountain solution: 3-5%;
(2) The amount of isopropanol added: 0-6%; depending on the amount of fountain solution added and the way the printer feeds the water, it is not necessary to continuously add during the production process;
(3) In the use of alcohol-free fountain solution, it should be noted that due to the compatibility and operational habits of the Sheung Shui system with the fountain solution, it is recommended that alcohol be reduced first, and after a certain period of time, alcohol-free operation should be performed again.
When using alcohol-free fountain solution, note that the original water distribution roller of the printing machine contains hydrophilic substances and is a water roller that can directly use an alcohol-free fountain solution. However, if the non-original water roller is replaced, no hydrophilic substance is contained, it will affect Use alcohol-free fountain solution.