Abstract: Packaging design is a comprehensive art and a materialized cultural carrier. My people
The ethnic style is the Chinese style formed by the Han nationality as the main body. The cultural features contained in this ethnic style packaging are manifested in the packaging style, graphic patterns, colors, Chinese calligraphy and painting, and the use of stone and stone seals, as well as unique folk cultural implication. aspect. Bamboo packaging can fully reflect the national cultural heritage and development value of this traditional packaging. Only by fully understanding the dialectical relationship between inheritance and development in the design of packaging and ethnic style can we create a packaging image with distinctive ethnic style.
Keywords: packaging, national style, traditional culture, bamboo packaging, today, packaging design has formed a comprehensive art, it is a creative activity that combines modern science and technology with artistic design, and has become a reflection of a country. The important symbol of the economic and cultural development level of the nation and the region cannot be ignored. It can be said that packaging is a materialized cultural carrier. The traditional culture and art of our country occupies an extremely important position in the treasure house of human culture and art. In the packaging design, it should well reflect the cultural tradition and artistic features formed by the long history of the Chinese nation.
The packaging of traditional goods with traditional national style shows rich local characteristics and old-style styling. In addition, the clever use of natural natural materials, the delicate processing of materials is very cultural and national, and it satisfies peopleâ€™s psychological and physical conditions. The aesthetic needs. We often say: "The more we have nationality, the more it is universal." This can also be a strong testimony from China's outstanding packaging and export products that have won many awards in the "Star of the World" and "Star of Asia" during the past many years.
The traditional cultural features of a Chinese national style packaging design mainly include:
1. Body structure: Due to the influence of traditional arts and crafts, ethnic style packaging borrows from gourd, dragon lamp and other body structures in bronze, painted pottery, porcelain and folk folk culture to design the container and packaging image to make it aesthetically inheritable. And it is rich in national culture.
2. The application of folk patterns and patterns: Folk arts and crafts graphics are highly decorative, simple and simple, vivid, with a deep folk background and life color. For example, the graphic â€œAuspicious Designâ€ created by using homophonic sounds, the use of dragons and phoenixes, kylin, and Songhe, etc., symbolizes the â€œgood fortuneâ€ and â€œSonghe Yannianâ€ and other good intentions. Folk arts such as batik, tie-dyeing, weaving, paper-cutting, masking, color painting, and shadow-picking graphics are widely used in traditional packaging design. Pattern patterns are commonly used in packaging design as a decorative technique. They also best embody the artistic effects of ethnic styles, such as moire patterns, enamel patterns, brick patterns, bronze patterns, and algae patterns, all of which are typical of ethnic styles. Pattern pattern.
3. Unique ritual and custom culture: In our rich traditional culture, we have nurtured a unique ritual culture, focusing on ethics, advocating morality, kinship, friendship, and reciprocity, and we are also very focused on the packaging of gifts. During various traditional festivals, such as the Dragon Boat Festival, Mid-Autumn Festival and Spring Festival, the human touch, local taste and natural taste of the gift packaging design catered to the emotional needs of consumers.
4. Chinese Painting and Calligraphy and the Application of Gold and Stone Seal Cutting: Chinese painting has a wide range of topics, diverse styles, and rich folk art, such as murals, New Year paintings, etc., and also has a strong oriental art decoration and a distinct national style. Chinese characters originate from images and are very decorative and can express the characteristics of goods well. The simple and elegant script, the steady and dignified official script, the unrestrained cursive writing, the neat and neat style of the Song type, and the boldness of the bold characters... The seal seal has a unique decorative effect of collection of books, paintings, and sculptures. The application of Chinese painting and calligraphy and the carving of stone and stone can also highlight the cultural tastes and national characteristics of traditional packaging products.
5. The use of natural materials: natural materials such as bamboo, wood, mats, grass, and leaves are used in traditional packaging containers and can be bundled with silk ropes. The ropes can also be used to create a variety of allegorical and symbolic knots. To enrich the packaging image.
6. The aesthetic heritage of color application: In the packaging design of the national style, use some of the colors used in ancient times, such as the red, yellow, green, gold and other symbols of folklore.
Second, we take bamboo packaging as an example to explore the traditional cultural heritage and application prospects of traditional packaging. Bamboo packaging can be said to be a traditional packaging that best embodies the characteristics of ethnic styles. It has been welcomed by its distinctive personality with its profound cultural accumulation and in line with the aesthetic needs of consumers. Today, with the rapid development of modern packaging industry, The development of packaging designs using natural materials such as "bamboo" is of great significance.
First of all, we should see the long history of bamboo packaging in our country. China is a famous bamboo town in the world. Bamboo is rich in species and rich in resources. According to the investigation, the Xinhua Dictionary uses the word â€œbambooâ€ as the prefix to reach 254 characters. This shows how close the relationship between bamboo and the peopleâ€™s lives is!
In understanding the history of the development of bamboo as a material material, we should also see its profound cultural heritage as a material carrier and means of aesthetic or artistic expression. The bamboo's fresh charm and unique character have provided rich poetic themes for ancient poets, leaving a lot of popular articles. Especially in the long-term historical evolution and aesthetic practice of Huaxia Civilization, bamboo has become a kind of character symbol and â€œhumanizationâ€ object that is full of youthfulness and noble spirit. Since the Eastern Jin Dynasty, the image of bamboo has appeared in paintings. The painters have personalized the bamboo: to use bamboo as a metaphor, and to use the bamboo posture to write human feelings. The image of bamboo has become the aesthetic carrier of the traditional Chinese cultural spirit.
In addition, in the rich connotations of traditional culture, a variety of bamboo folk culture festivals, bamboo folk customs of the festival, food and clothing, bamboo folk customs of transportation, and even song and dance entertainment, competitive bamboo folk customs, etc. The history of the Chinese nation has formed a unique way of life, values â€‹â€‹and aesthetic characteristics. The phenomenon of bamboo culture is not only embodied in the spiritual life of the people, but also in the field of material life of the people. It has distinct national and folk characteristics and regional characteristics. In addition, the cultural heritage of bamboo packaging also comes from folk art and bamboo craftsmanship. Folk art is an important style of bamboo packaging, and is an indispensable packaging connotation and style in the era of high information and high technology. Folk art is an art world that embraces a wider range of national spirits and is the root of our country's culture. It has enabled bamboo packaging design to maintain the qualities of "elegant, simple, and honest" in primitive art. The above examples fully demonstrate the aesthetic heritage inherited by bamboo in the long-term practice of our nation. It also determines the special feelings that people hold for bamboo packaging. In today's modern packaging, several pieces of bamboo packaging can give people a fresh feeling, and the feeling of â€œreturning to nature and returning to natureâ€ is born.
With the development of science and technology, bamboo processing, such as drawing, weaving, carving, and even the synthetic synthesis of bamboo blocks, can be applied to the corresponding mechanical equipment. Modern processing and treatment of bamboo, such as antisepsis, flood prevention, and waterproofing, has also seen new developments. All these have created good material conditions for the design of modern bamboo packaging. In recent years, designers have extensively used bamboo as a natural material. The design not only pays attention to people's traditional aesthetic psychology and the pursuit of novel appreciation habits, but also makes the perfect combination of the form of bamboo packaging and the content of the goods, adding new ideas to the modern and colorful packaging design field.
Today, people are involuntarily placed in the rational and icy world of industrial civilization products, and they need natural and warm feelings. Bamboo packaging, a simple and straightforward art rich in ethnic traditional culture, can satisfy people. Spiritual needs. The bamboo packaging works perfectly combine the subjective creative intentions with the natural forms of the material, which coincides with the current people's attitude of advocating nature, and the "green revolution" advocated by modern packaging is exactly the same. When designing and applying modern processing methods for bamboo packaging, we must maintain the natural characteristics of bamboo and display its natural characteristics, and we must not make bamboo â€œabsolutely differentâ€. Bamboo packaging is currently used in traditional food packaging. How to use bamboo for packaging in other categories is still to be explored. The combination of bamboo and other materials also has broad prospects if applied to packaging.
In addition to bamboo packaging, in the design of other packaging, national style characteristics should also be fully reflected: If the body structure is more used for traditional wine crafts container type packaging containers; Chinese painting and calligraphy art is widely used; folk pattern patterns such as paper-cut Graphic and theatrical masks are used for decoration on the packaging; the use of natural materials such as wood, mats, and leaves; packaging materials for the gold and stone graphics of the â€œBeijingâ€ character script for the Beijing Olympics in 2008; these designs are as good as bamboo packaging. The land reflects the traditional cultural characteristics of China from different levels and is favored by consumers.
Third, while inheriting and developing the national style, we should see two problems. The development of society, the emergence of new technologies, the advent of new materials, and the rise of new trends will inevitably influence the characteristics of ethnic styles and bring about changes. The new style should be formed in the process of inheriting traditions, absorbing foreign cultural nutrition, abandoning its old and outdated factors, and continuously enriching and improving itself. Therefore, in the process of carrying out the national-style packaging design, we should follow the principles of "ancient is used today, foreign is used in Chinese," and "take its essence and abandon its dross." We must combine the national tradition with the national spirit of the times to design the existing The national style also adapts to the packaging of the market economy. On the other hand, we must also note that in order to promote the sale of goods, national-style design is not the only means. It should be based on the characteristics of the goods and the specific conditions of the sales area.
In short, the diversification and internationalization of social culture has promoted the diversification and individuation of packaging design. We must comprehensively understand the problems of inheriting and developing national styles in packaging design, and we must also strengthen the The cultivation of Chinese traditional culture: such as learning traditional calligraphy and painting, stone carving, etc., learning from folk arts, and deep understanding of Chinese folk culture background. We have sufficient conditions and genetics to understand, inherit and promote the essence of traditional culture, and continue rather than cut off the historical context. Only in this way, our design will not be assimilated and alienated in the tide of international cultural exchanges, so that we can design a packaging image with a distinctive Chinese national style.
Zheng Xin Guangzhou City Vocational College